This past Thursday, we hosted a Business Card Exchange Mixer with Queens Connection at our coworking space. It was a huge success - we met people from various industries and professions. We are excited to bring networking opportunities to Forest Hills, Queens. We plan to host more events like these for individuals to connect with others. Stay tuned!
Here are five tips on how you can stay connected after a networking event:
- See if you can introduce two people who can help each other.
- Your connections are more likely to assist you once you help them out by building their network.
- Suggest a quick chat over coffee or a quick 15-minute conversation over the phone.
- Sometimes, you may need another conversation to connect. Don't be afraid to reconnect.
- Connect with a LinkedIn invite.
- LinkedIn is a great way to organize your professional network. Send an invite to stay connected and to keep updated on each other's professional pursuits.
- Send a related article via email.
- Send an article you think that your connection may be interested in. This shows that you were actual paying attention and care to add value.
- Google the person.
- It is hard to get to know someone over a 5 minute conversation at a networking event. Google the other person to learn more about the other person's interests and past experiences.