Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: March 28, 2017
The following terms and conditions apply to all room rentals:
- Rental of the conference room will be on a first come, first served basis. Technology academy classes, coworking meetings take priority.
- The conference room are for business related purposes only. No personal events are to be scheduled for the conference room.
- The Meeting rooms are set up with tables and chairs. Should renters require a different setup, the renting party will be responsible for the rental of additional chairs or tables as required. The Renter will be responsible for the removal of the rented equipment and the return of the room to its normal condition.
- Renters are responsible for any damage to the facilities and/or contents and fixtures. All damage must be reported to the staff immediately. Room renters will be expected to cover all repairs and replacement cost of any damage to the facility itself and or the contents of such.
- The Room(s) must be left in proper order, with all paper, trash, cups, etc. disposed of in trash receptacles. All chairs and tables should be placed back in their original position.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building.
- The conference room shall not be used for any fraudulent purpose.
- It is understood, that The Austin Space, is in no way responsible for any personal injuries, property damages, or other liabilities that may be incurred during use of their facility. Renter agrees to release indemnity and hold The Austin Space harmless of any such damages.
- Conditions of Use. Renter’s activities during the Rental Period must be compatible with use of the building and activities in areas adjacent to the Rental Space and building. This includes but is not limited to playing music or making any noise at a level that is reasonable under the circumstances. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building by local ordinance. The Rental Space must be cleaned and returned to The Austin Space in the condition it was in prior to the rental. The Austin Space may deduct charges for cleaning from the deposit for Renter’s failure to do so.
- Signs and Decorations. Signs may not be posted outside of the meeting room except one sign may be placed on the front door directing Renter’s guests to the second floor. Use of glitter, sparkles, rice, birdseed, or similar material is not allowed. The use of fire or open flame of any kind, fireworks of any kind, or any toxic or noxious material is strictly prohibited. Signs or decorations may be affixed to any surface only if such affixation will not mar, deface or leave a mark on the surface when removed. NO PENETRATION OF ANY SURFACE. Only tape made specifically for painted walls may be used. All tape, wire, or other items used for decorations must be completely removed after the event. Any other decoration, signage, or construction must be pre‐approved by The Austin Space.
- Damages. Renter is responsible for any loss or damage to the Rental Space, adjoining facilities, building common areas, or building exterior or grounds. This includes all damages to any equipment, fixtures, surfaces, including the ceiling, floors and floor finishes, or any other property. Deposits may be used to offset the costs of such damages. Renters agrees and acknowledges that Renter’s liability for loss or damages is not limited to the amount of the deposits received by The Austin Space.
- Cancellation. Deposit is non-refundable. No refunds of the space rental fees thereafter will be refunded if canceled 30 days prior to an event, as your agreement to rent The Austin Space may cause the loss of additional bookings or business. If circumstances beyond the control of The Austin Space force us to cancel your reservation, or The Austin Space will refund all sums paid. If the full rental payment is not received 30 days prior to your event, The Austin Space reserves the right to cancel your reservation without a deposit refund.